Data Migration & Synchronisation
Whether you need a one-off migration of legacy data or require a custom service written to send daily changes over a network to a reporting server, Arcamex has you covered.
We've dealt with many technologies and file formats over the past two decades including:
- Microsoft SQL Server
- U2, UniVerse, Reality & Pick
- Microsoft Access
- Flat files including CSV and Excel
- XML & JSON
- Web Services
What's more, depending on the ability of the platforms and technologies involved, our chosen solutions are amongst the most intelligent and efficient in the market. For example:
- We process CSV files correctly - you'd be surprised how many systems yield unexpected results when dealing with embedded commas, quotes, or carriage-returns.
- If synchronisation between two or more systems is required, our software is developed bespoke for each particular client and optimised to give the best performance. Why re-convert the entire database when nightly differences might suffice? Our solutions save network bandwidth, machine resources, and your time.
- Where possible, we don't do the typical "poll every N seconds for an incoming file" - modern systems have event-based facilities, which means that our software is only placing load on your system whilst it's performing useful work.
Whether you want to aggregate data on a regular basis from multiple sources into a central reporting database, or to perform a one-off conversion from a legacy system into your platform of choice, consider using Arcamex for your next data-centric project.